Chapter 6 teaser

I feel like I'm talking to myself on this thing. Anyway, here is a teaser for chapter 6.


The receptionist stared me down with her gray eyes. She flipped her frizzy blonde hair behind her shoulder and wrinkled her nose. Yeah, bitch, keep it up. I will smack that look off your face right now. I contemplated flipping her off and snatching her badge to get back there. I wasn’t above resorting to violence at this point.

The double doors flew open. Carlisle came out and whipped his head around, searching for something. His eyes landed on me, and he strode over to the desk. The gargoyle behind the desk began fluttering her eyelashes at the good doctor. He ignored her and pulled me into a hug. I looked over my shoulder and saw a flash of rage cross her face. Take that bitch, I thought as I mentally stuck out my tongue. Carlisle leaned back and hooked his arm through mine. He led me through the doors into the ER.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there another place to read your story besides fanfiction.net? It sounds wonderful, but I hate how that site is now locking up and trying to force you into taking those stupid quizzes.

shelikesthesound said...

Yes, I've also posted on 2 other sites.

The Writer's Coffee Shop
http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/library/viewstory.php?sid=3455

Twilighted
http://www.twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=14286

If you go to Twilighted, I only have up to chapter 2 posted. The Writer's Coffee Shop is up to date.