Chapter 8-11

Chapter 8


Oh, my god you guys. The response to the fake proposal blew me away. I guess, though, a lot of you are closet romantics, or whatever. Some of you even asked if my husband had done that for me. Sadly, no, nothing like that ever happened. I just used his love for all types of bubblegum toys and my annoyance with them. We do, however, have a small bookcase full of those craptastic toys. *eye roll*

I've also noticed that most of you like the flashbacks of Edward and Bella's relationship. I'm glad, because I didn't want Edward to be a total ass. Another reason, though, is because we're basically starting the story at the end of their relationship. Okay, well, sort of. And it was the only way to show how things used to be.

The song for this chapter was Breath by Breaking Benjamin





Oh, Charlie's truck was introduced this chapter too. Tell me it isn't badass.









Chapter 9


Major tears and angst with this chapter.

Bella's argument with Carlisle in the beginning was the first glimpse into the fact that she doesn't trust Edward's family. As the story goes on, you'll begin to understand why through her thoughts, and possibly (cause I haven't decided yet) a few flashbacks. I can tell you, though, it's deep, and Bella feels justified.

I'm sure some of you weren't expecting Jacob to be Edward's nurse. Ha. I've said before that I'm not going to have cheating a part of this fic and I mean it. Tanya will be introduced, but she'll not be where you might expect.

I have to be honest. It about killed me to share the scene where Edward is prepared for his ride in the helicopter that will take him to Seattle. In reality, I wasn't there when my husband was sent off. Instead, his cousin came over after his mom called her and then I had a recount of it from his sister. Her description?

Oh, god. There was so much blood.

So, if that particular scene was vague, that's why. I didn't have a lot to go on, only what I saw later on in the hospital. I had to kind of recreate from nothing. Plus, I figured it might be horrifying to not really know what was going on while reading it.

Song for this chapter was Invisible by Opeth. This song gave me fucking chills and made me cry when I wrote the airlift scene, and I knew that it was perfect.






I also put a picture up on my profile to represent the hospital. Think big city.







Chapter 10

I think the lemon in this chapter was kind of overshadowed by my author's note. Really, it was fine to comment on it. I was upset with my husband's hospitalization, but that doesn't mean I didn't want you to enjoy it. 

Bella had a lot of time to run though that particular flashback, and I wanted it to show that Edward was always at odd with his dad when Carlisle insisted on telling him what to do. Being an independent and stubborn guy made it hard for him to accept anything from his dad, even if it would help him. 

The song for this chapter was Nobody's Daughter by Hole




I don't think there were any pics added to my profile for this one. If there was, I'll come back and fix it later.




Chapter 11


Ah, this was a hard one, too.

First, lets talk about Emmett and Rosalie. I'm sure you all think she's a bitch, and you'd be right. The only things she cares about are Emmett and money. So, she's going to add some color to the story. LOL.

Emmett, I'm sure you all thought, didn't care about Edward. As you see, that's not true. What is true is that he couldn't handle watching Edward self-destruct. So he left Bella to deal with him on her own. He is now kicking himself for it.

In case anyone was wondering, I'm aware that doctors don't normally ask the entire family if they are okay with a procedure and ask the next of kin instead. Well, this is one of those things that actually happened. The doctor didn't even really give my husband's parents a chance to object when he asked, and I found it was just how he ran things.

And, yeah, Tanya is a nurse as well. I just eliminated the two biggest people after Bella and Edward's affection. Go me. 

The prayer was Bella's way of getting out all of the poison, in the form of hurt, pain, and insecurities, out of her system. I'm not really religious, but I know that sometimes seeking out a higher power makes us feel better.

The song for this chapter was Letter to God by Hole. When I first started chapter 10, I wanted it to end where this one does. It didn't happen, and it became the Epic Chapter. If you follow me on Twitter, you might remember me bitching about it. It was the bane of my existence for awhile, but I think how it was split into two worked out great. Thank goodness, huh, because it had the potential to be a mess.






I'm going to try to post a teaser for Chapter 12 soon. Right now, it's with the betas, so it will be a few days before I can. I promise nothing, though. You've all found out how things can be left when I get busy.

No comments: