After a Short Hiatus

I realize that I didn't get the chapter four teaser out before I posted it. But, it really wasn't my fault. The computer that I've had for the last two years decided to commit suicide, or something like it. Which forced me to beg, borrow, and sell my first born for something that I could use. After many failed attempts, and frustration, I ended up buying a new one. So far, it runs great. Let's keep our fingers crossed, cause I need all the help I can get.

Now, let's discuss chapter four. In it, Bella and Edward finally get to have a nice day, and some much needed release. Yeah, that lemon was no picnic to write. I now have a great appreciation for authors that churn out well written smut. I felt weird the whole time I wrote it. Plus, I'm not comfortable with writing a sex scene just for the sake of putting sex in. It's gonna have to fit into the story.

Speaking of the love scene, it was the reason I have two songs for this chapter. Seriously, the first song wasn't working. It was like trying to force a square peg into a round hole.


I chose Bjork because, well, she produces the ultimate mood music. If you've never turned her stuff on while you're getting it on, you are really missing out. Her unique musical choices accompanied by her intense vocal style can set the mood for some great lovin'. I know, the Hubs and I have used it many times.








The title song "Blue Orchid" was used to set the carefree mood of the date. I really wanted to show some of the reasons why Bella stays with Edward, cause let's face it, he's a little less than desirable in this story. Yeah, not sure if I hit it, or crashed and burned. But, the song kind of set me in a playful mood, and made it easier to write the carnival scene.









I am also going to post the teaser for my next chapter. If my betas get it back to me in time, I'll post it this weekend. This one, more than any other, has me extremely nervous. As always, this is the rough version. All mistakes are mine.





And uneasy mood fell over the table when we were seated. I, myself, was uncomfortable. While I thought of his family as my own, I was never relaxed when I came here alone. Esme, of course, was the exception.  I always felt like the rest were silently judging me for sticking with Edward. Each had their own opinion on his choice of lifestyle. None of them were pleasant. I was sure they thought I was some stupid girl that let him do whatever he wanted. To an extent, I was. But, really, it wasn’t like I could make him stop drinking, or doing drugs. Carlisle knew that from experience. Still, it seemed like they expected me to somehow miraculously change him with my love. Psst. That shit only happened in the movies. While I could be there and support Edward, ultimately, it was up to him to change. I could only do so much.

“How are things, Bella? Have you or Edward decided on a college?” Carlisle asked which broke the silence. 

“Um, we’re doing okay. I actually put my application in at the new bookstore in town the other day,” I answered. I hoped he would latch onto that last detail. I hated dodging the college question. 

“That’s nice, but what about your future?” Carlisle pressed. “I know you kids have enough money, but what about the satisfaction of having an education?”

Crap. I guess not, I inwardly mused. 

Carlisle’s favorite topic of discussion seemed to be what college Edward and I would attend. More so when Edward was absent, because he tended to tell his father to “fuck off and quit prying in our business.”  I presumed I was a safer target. I wasn’t known for standing up for myself, and usually let people talk over me. 

“Um, I, um,” I started. This is not how I imagined this day to go. Damn it, Edward was supposed to be here to protect me from these questions. If I’d have known he was going to bail with Jasper, like always, I would have been better prepared. Hell, I could have brushed up on the internet and had two or three good schools to rattle off for the sole purpose of thwarting Carlisle’s college talk. But, no, I had been thrown to the proverbial wolves. Double damn. 

A plan of action quickly formed in my mind. God, I hoped this would work. I couldn’t handle much more of his interrogation. The stress was making my heart flutter to alarming rates. If I didn’t act soon, I was certain I was going to have a heart attack.




No comments: