Slight frustration and a teaser.

Ugh. I've learned my lesson.


As some of you might know, if you've read my author's notes, I've been trying to edit chapter 1 and 2. Mizzdee and Project Team Beta have been going over them with a fine tooth comb. While each of them have helped me tremendously, the process is quite frustrating. I literally had to rewrite part of the ending of chapter 2 because I was told that Bella seemed to be a doormat in her reaction to Edward and Jasper. Well, color me surprised. I didn't see that, but it's kind of hard for me to catch since I'm the author. I have Bella already mapped out in my mind. Since I'm biased, it went unnoticed. Did anyone else feel this way?

Anyway, doesn't matter. The ending of the chapter will be slightly different, once I finish editing it and post the sucker.

So, from now on, I'm going to post chapters after they've been edited. Don't worry, it's not going to make the wait that much longer. The turnaround time has been surprisingly short. I'm hoping to post chapter 3 (which is finished and being looked at as I type this) either this weekend or sometime early next week. If it stays the way it is now, then it's going to throw you through a loop. Hands down, this is the craziest chapter that's been written so far.

Sloshedward agrees with me. He was there and
even he can't believe it!
(Psst. I promise that's not water in the bottle.)



So, I'll leave you with a little piece of chapter 3 as it stands now.



“It’s nothing you need to worry about, son. Now, I was wondering, are you going to college next year? I think one year is long enough to put off your education…” Carlisle said as he tried to change the subject. Edward, however, wasn’t falling for it.
.
“Forget about college for a minute. What the hell was Emmett talking about? What fucking inheritance?” Edward seethed when he repeated his question. 

Carlisle dropped his fork with a clang, and rubbed his forehead with his hand. He moved it to his dark brown hair and carded his hand through the locks. A breath expelled from his lungs as he turned in Emmett’s direction. 

“You just had to bring it up, didn’t you son?” Carlisle said to Emmett. 

Emmett’s large frame slumped, and a look of remorse flitted across his face. Rosalie, who sat next to him, appeared livid. Her cold blue eyes flashed with anger. She looked in Edward’s and then in my direction, while wrinkling her nose at us.  She turned to Carlisle with her finger pointed at him. 

“Oh, you might as well tell him. The fuck-up needs to know what he’s about to lose. Besides, rightfully, it belongs to Emmett,” Rosalie sneered. 

The tension in the room was palpable. Each member of the family glimpsed at one another, as if they were choosing sides. Edward was pissed. Esme looked like she wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Alice was smug. Carlisle appeared to be resolved. Emmett seemed remorseful. And I, well, I just wanted out of there. I knew the proverbial shit had hit the fan. I wanted no part of it. 

I started to get up, but was stopped by a hand on my thigh. I glanced to my right, and saw Edward. The look on his face pleaded with me to stay. I realized then that, regardless of how I felt about confrontation, I had to be here. It was likely no one was going to support him, and he was counting on me to be that person. I stayed seated. 

“How much, Carlisle?” Edward asked with distain. 

Carlisle sighed. He met Edward’s gaze and squared his shoulders, like he was preparing himself for a fight.

No comments: