From These Ashes
Chapter 1 Teaser




A sob bubbled up in my throat. I was scared, but at the same time, I was determined. It was hard work to keep up a façade of happiness when you were dying on the inside, and the will to keep my wall up just wasn’t there anymore. I craved the peace that was promised when you fell into death’s embrace.

A strong face with auburn hair and green eyes invaded my mind as my eyelids slid shut. The memories of Edward’s smug smile that could get me to agree to any crazy plan he would come up with, and those hands that had explored every inch of my body fluttered through. The I love yous, the you are everything to mes, and the I promise I’ll never leave yous echoed in my skull like a pounding headache.

My eyes snapped open, and the tears poured down my face. My emotions switched, and rage colored my vision. I stood up and threw the knife across the room, watching as it clattered on the floor.

No comments: